Learning how to reset Comcast remote is essential when the remote is not working correctly at all! Many users face this issue while trying to use their Comcast remote. The reason behind this can vary including dead batteries, programming of the remote, and more. In my today’s post, I will discuss how to reset a Comcast remote in short. Here, I will take you through the process and show you how to fix this problem. Using the following three ways you can reset your Comcast remote. Without wasting much time let us learn how to reset Comcast remote in brief.
How To Reset Comcast Remote?
Following are the three ways by which you can learn how to reset Comcast remote in detail.
- By Using The Setup Button
- Without Using The Setup Button
- By Using The i Button
Now, the process of resetting a Comcast remote depends upon the type of remote you are using. This is because each manufacturer produces different cable set-top box models used by Comcast.
To learn the procedure of how to reset the Comcast remote, you can keep on reading further.
Click here – What Is Eukarya Domain?
Rest Comcast Remote By Using The Setup Button
The easiest way to fix a Comcast remote is by using the setup button. You can follow these steps if your Comcast remote is not working.
- Press and hold on to the Setup button for a few seconds.
- Leave the button once the light changes from red to green.
- Now, press 9 + 8 + 1 buttons of the remote.
- Lastly, the status LED will blink green twice indicating the remote is successfully reset.
Usually, you’ll find the status light at the top of the remote and the Setup button at the bottom. Not every Comcast remotes have the setup button. In such a case, you can keep on reading to learn how to reset a Comcast remote.
Rest Comcast Remote Without Using The Setup Button
Many Comcast remotes come without a setup button. So, now how to reset my Comcast remote? You can proceed through the following instructions.
- First, press and hold the triangle-shaped button.
- Now, press and hold the diamond-shaped button at the same time.
- Hold both buttons for about 5 seconds.
- When the status light changes from red to green, release the buttons.
- Now, press 9 + 8 + 1 buttons to complete the reset process.
You will usually find both the triangle-shaped and diamond-shaped buttons around the navigational pad of your remote.
Reset Comcast Remote By Using The i Button
If both the above methods don’t work, then you can opt for this particular method. Just follow these steps to learn how to reset Comcast remote through the i button.
- First, press and hold the i button of the remote.
- Then, press and hold the Home button.
- Hold both buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- Once the status light starts blinking, release the buttons.
- Next, press the Power button of your remote.
- Now, press the last button (an arrow pointing backward).
- Lastly, press the volume down button to finish.
Thus, once you’ve processed this sequence of buttons, you’ll complete the reset process. This method is best suitable for Xfinity XR16 Comcast remote.
For more information like this visit Weji
Click here – What Is LG IMS Used For?
How Do I Resync My Xfinity Remote?
Press and hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the Voice Remote light to change from red to green. Follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code. Once the on-screen pairing code is correctly entered, your Voice Remote is paired with the TV Box.
Where Is The Reset Button On Xfinity Remote?
What is this? For Xfinity Remotes that have a Setup button; press it, then input 9-8-1 to reset the remote. For the Xfinity remotes that don’t have the setup button, press and hold the A and D buttons, followed by pressing 9-8-1 to reset the remote.
Why Did My Xfinity Remote Stop Working?
Change the batteries in your Xfinity Remote and then try pressing a button again. On the other hand, say you’ve pressed an unresponsive button and you do see the LED flashing, if you notice that it’s flashing red five times, it means that your remote batteries are running very low.
Why Is My TV Not Responding To The Remote?
A remote control that will not respond or control your TV usually means low batteries. Make sure you are pointing the remote at the TV. There also may be something interfering with the signal such as other electronics, certain types of lighting, or something blocking the TV remote sensor.
How Do I Factory Reset My TV Remote?
Reset the remote control. Open the battery compartment cover and remove the batteries. Press and hold the Power button for three seconds. Insert the batteries again and close the battery compartment cover.
How Do I Troubleshoot My Comcast Remote?
First, check the batteries in the remote and replace them if necessary. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the remote or the Xfinity box. You can also try pairing the remote with your TV again. If none of these solutions work, you’ll need to contact Comcast customer support for assistance.
How Do I Reset My Xfinity Remote To My TV?
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the xfinity and Mute buttons together for five seconds until the light at the top changes from red to green.
- Type the first five-digit code for the TV manufacturer. If the remote light blinks green twice, the code is correct.
- Aim the remote at the TV, and press the Power button.
In my above post, I have explained how to reset your Comcast remote in detail. Resetting your remote can help you to fix several issues like the Comcast remote not working. The simplest way to reset a Comcast remote is by using the setup button and i button. However, there are some remotes without a setup button like the XR15 remote. You just have to press and hold the triangle and diamond-shaped buttons. Then, press the 9+8+1 buttons to complete the process. You can now easily factory reset Comcast remote by learning how to reset Comcast remote.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TechnicalWidget
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TechnoDriller
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TechsBoy
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TechyXL
Where is the restart button on Comcast remote